Maxfield’s has a great location close to Dolores Park and laid back vibe. You can hang out inside or outside. Nothing about Maxfield’s stands out but it’s a decent spot if you happen to be in the area and are lucky enough to find parking.
- Food: 4/5 – There are plenty of eats to be had, including sandwiches, bagels, pastries, vegan cookies, quiche, empanadas, quiche and burritos. The veggie bagel had plenty of fresh veggies.
- Coffee: 3/5 – Not bad, not great. The latte wasn’t rich but it wasn’t bitter either. There was no foam art.
- Wi-fi: 5/5 – Free, ask for password at the counter
- Ambiance: 3/5 – Casual, laid back, independent coffeehouse feel with high ceilings and mismatched furniture
- Noise: 4/5 – Pretty quiet, soft music, the hum of the refrigerator
- Plugs: 4/5 – Many outlets along the walls
- Parking: 1/5 – Tough area to park, some 2 hour free spaces
- Comfort: 4/5 – Most of the chairs are padded, tables aren’t too close together, some large tables, some small tables
- Bathroom: 3/5 – One unisex one for customers
- Art: 5/5 – Loved the art for sale, cartoon character paintings, they may have all been Hanna Barbera characters
Tips: Cash only. ATM on site. No outside food allowed. Beer and wine are available.
“Laptop Campers Unite!”
- Laptop Camper