Brand new! Reveille opened their second outpost a few doors down from Starbucks (on the same block) on February 3rd. The shop is stylish and serves quality pastries and sandwiches (made to order). Campers are already here but not that many of them (yet). Chairs are hard and there aren’t any outlets but I still wanted to hang out and enjoy the ambiance.
- Food: 5/5 – Pastries from Starter Bakery include kouign amann, croissants, muffins, cookies and cakes. They have a kitchen that prepares breakfast items (waffles, egg sandwiches, biscuits, fancy toast), sandwiches and (quinoa, warm goat cheese, kale) salads (in the $9-$10 range). They use Della Fattoria bread. I had an excellent fried egg sandwich with braised leeks, kale and gruyere ($7.50).
- Coffee: 5/5 – Pretty foam art on the latte ($4) which comes in one size. Non fat milk isn’t available but they have 1%. The latte is very smooth and creamy with a nutty flavor that lingers nicely on the palate. They have pour over and cold brew styles. I spotted bags of Four Barrel Coffee but also Reveille Coffee bags.
- Plugs: 0/5 – Didn’t see any
- Wi-fi: 5/5 - Free, unlimited, ask for the password at the counter.
- Ambiance: 5/5 – Stylish, modern, light and clean with white and black tiles, white chairs, wood tables, wood walls and ceilings. Ceramic cups with Reveille logo.
- Noise: 4/5 – People are quiet, you’ll find campers and even quiet conversations. Music is relaxing. The clanging dishes seem noisy though.
- Parking: 2/5 – Busy intersection and busy part of the Castro
- Comfort: 3/5 – Mostly small tables and counters. Seats are new and not padded. Banquette is made out of wood and hard. Stools aren’t comfortable. On the plus side, the tables aren’t right next to each other but there’s more distance than usual.
- Bathroom: 5/5 – Yes they have one unisex one with great hand soap from
Aesop and maps on the wall
- Art: 5/5 – No paintings but I like the stacked split wood pile wall and all the furnishings.
Tips: You can sit outside and do some people watching. They have a coffee frequent buyer card that works at both locations. Lunch is available starting at noon. Coffee beans and accessories are available for sale. Help yourself to water at the counter.
"Laptop Campers Unite!"
- Laptop Camper