Nice, elegant looking new tea café – it’s definitely a big step up from Quickly and it has more than just fried snacks for food.
- Food: 5/5 – Choose from noodle soups, fried rice, entrees, lunch specials (Taiwanese rice plates), snacks, joy pots (aka hot pots), brick toast, shaved ice. Popcorn chicken is crunchy and dusted with chili powder (on request) but a little bland. The exterior is crispier and the chicken wasn’t that tender. Sides were quite tasty: tomatoes with scrambled eggs, blanched broccoli, steamed rice with nice minced pork, and egg drop soup. Joy pots are popular.
- Coffee: 4/5 – They have house coffee but it’s a teahouse so get the tea. Earl grey milk with sweetened tapioca balls had a light creaminess, nice tea flavor, and small but fresh balls. They have lots of tea choices – hot tea, milk tea, milk ice, special teas, and teazers. I didn’t like how half of the cup was filled with big ice cubes; the regular is already on the small side.
- Wi-fi: 4/5 – Free, unlimited, no password required
- Ambiance: 5/5 – Modern/contemporary with light woods, metal chairs, tea leaf theme
- Noise: 3/5 – Loud pop music, people talking though many people are staring at their screens
- Plugs: 3/5 – Some on one side of the dining area
- Parking: 5/5 – Park in the strip mall all day for free. There’s another parking lot behind TenRen.
- Comfort: 4/5 – Padded banquette firm and comfortable, metal chairs aren’t padded, mix of 2 person and 4 person tables, mostly 4 person, shades to block the sunlight
- Bathroom: 5/5 – Very nice, separate restrooms for men and women, multiple stalls.
- Art: 4/5 – No framed art. Facts about Ten Ren (opened its first shop in Taiwan in 1961, opened its first location in the US in 1979) and metal thing that looks like intersecting branches
Tips: There’s a to go only line. For dine in there is waiter service and a minimum spend of $3.35 (the cose of a drink). With the lunch and dinner special, you get $1 off a drink of your choice or $1.50 for a house tea. The special applies from 11-2:30 PM and 6-8 PM.
"Laptop Campers Unite!"
- Laptop Camper