Probably the best place to camp in Ventura. Panera is very comfy and spacious with fresh baked goods and unlimited drink refills (including for coffee). Surprisingly it’s devoid of laptop campers.
- Food: 4/5 – Lots of fresh baked goods in the morning (muffins, bagels, cookies, scones, cinnamon rolls) and smoothies, oatmeal, and parfaits. Salads, pasta, soups and sandwiches are offered later in the day. It’s not the best food or the best value but it is fresh and there are plenty of choices. The bagels aren’t bad though they’re not chewy enough and are more like rolls. Baked goods and bread are available all day.
- Coffee: 3/5 – They have espresso drinks and coffee and tea in self-serve carafes. The coffee is okay. It’s not strong enough and it’s bitter.
- Wi-fi: 4/5 – No password required, unsecure, fast. Some Panera locations restrict access during lunch but this one doesn’t seem to
- Ambiance: 4/5 – Comfy, warm colors (very brown/yellow), contemporary like a coffeehouse, new looking.
- Noise: 3/5 – Loud sometimes cheesy music but not too annoying, people are quiet
- Plugs: 4/5 – Plenty along the walls but could be tough to access if you’re not sitting by the wall
- Parking: 5/5 – In a shopping center, easy parking, free all day
- Comfort: 5/5 – Plenty of small tables along the perimeter wall, larger tables in the center, padded chairs are comfortable. You can sit outside on the patio which has umbrellas.
- Bathroom: 5/5 – Clean
- Art: 4/5 – Nothing for sale, bread art is cute
Tips: Order online for rapid pick up. Join Panera rewards program if you go often.
"Laptop Campers Unite!"
- Laptop Camper