Located right by the 24th St. BART Station, SilverStone has a strong Mexican owned vibe with Mexican art. Camp here and grab a taco or burrito down the street (on 24th) afterwards.
- Food: 3/5 – They have sandwiches, breakfast bagels, pre-made burritos/wraps, pastries and a fresh juice bar. The egg and cheese bagel ($4) features your choice of bagel and cheese. There wasn’t much egg and they didn’t add anything but egg and cheese. The bagel quality wasn’t great. Most juices are only $4.
- Coffee: 3/5 – Latte wasn’t bad though the foam was airy and didn’t add to the creaminess of the drink, it wasn’t bitter. No foam art. The prices are low ($3 for a medium latte). They also have ice cream lattes.
- Plugs: 3/5 – A couple along the wall
- Wi-fi: 4/5 – Free, secure, ask for password at the counter, no time limit, good speed
- Ambiance: 2/5 – Casual without much character, random décor. The TV is on way too loud and is annoying. Clientele is mostly Mexican. The vibe is a little weird and uncomfortable just like the BART station where many people hang out. Someone was asleep, slumped over the table
- Noise: 3/5 – Patrons are quiet but it’s a noisy place with the traffic and TV on
- Parking: 1/5 – It’s going to be hard to find, metered parking, some 2 hour free parking on side streets
- Comfort: 3/5 – Many small tables, most chairs are padded, tables aren’t too close together
- Bathroom: 2/5 – Scared to investigate, it’s popular and gets some interesting characters who stay in the bathroom a long time.
- Art: 2/5 – Nothing for sale, Mexican looking art, fits theme of the place
Tips: They participate in the Belly frequent buyer program. There’s a patio in the back that can be rented.
"Laptop Campers Unite!"
- Laptop Camper