This is the largest Philz location that I’ve been to and it’s fairly new (possibly their newest location). It’s located in a shopping center that’s in the middle of a major renovation with new tenants including Pacific Supermarket (not yet open). It’s already popular with campers, including some hardcore ones.
- Food: 4/5 – Pastries from Starter Bakery include wonderful kouign amann and scones. They’ll warm your pastries for you. They also have wrapped bagels, breakfast burritos, oatmeal, croissants, and cookies. They’re lacking in substantial fare (meal size).
- Coffee: 5/5 – Don’t come here looking for espresso as they specialize in one cup at a time coffee. It’s organized by light, medium or dark roast. Decaf available. The iced coffees are excellent. The coffee is strong and customized to your liking (specify how sweet and how much cream you want).
- Plugs: 3/5 – Some sprinkled around
- Wi-fi: 4/5 - Free, unlimited, no password required
- Ambiance: 4/5 – Industrial looking with high ceilings, hanging lightbulbs, chalkboards…better looking than most Philz locations
- Noise: 2/5 – Pretty noisy and distracting, constant stream of customers, music is loud, acoustics aren’t good because there’s an echo effect
- Parking: 5/5 – Super easy, big parking lot, might get a lot worse once the shopping center is completed
- Comfort: 4/5 – Couches, small tables, unpadded metal chairs, communal tables and counters with some small tables.
- Bathroom: 4/5 – Single unisex restroom, not much decor
- Art: 4/5 – No paintings but they do have art on the wall for sale featuring cacti
Tips: Coffee, mugs and Philz t-shirts are available for sale. Grab and go drinks available from refrigerated case. Order from the barista first, then go to the cash register.
"Laptop Campers Unite!"
- Laptop Camper