This Progressive Grounds has the same owner as the one in Bernal Heights. The Bernal Heights location is larger. Both locations are comfortable and good for camping out. The owner seems to really like masks.
- Food: 3/5 – Plenty of options, including gluten free and vegan ones. They have sandwiches, homemade soup, salads, grilled lavash wraps, bagels, smoothies, falafel, homemade cake, pastries, cookies, Mitchell’s Ice Cream, etc. Bagel egg sandwiches come with big heaps of egg. One day I want to try the kefta (Moroccan style beef burger).
- Coffee: 3/5 – The latte is passable and served very hot but the foam is airy and doesn’t add creaminess. The latte is watery with little depth.
- Plugs: 3/5 – Outlets along the wall
- Wi-fi: 4/5 – Free, unlimited, stable, no password required
- Ambiance: 4/5 – homey, laid back, vaguely exotic and comfy with hanging Moroccan lanterns, you can sit outside and watch traffic drive by on Bryant
- Noise: 4/5 – Soothing, quiet laid back jazz music, quiet patrons
- Parking: 1/5 – It’s not good, mostly 1 hour free parking because of the proximity to SF General Hospital, 2 hour free street parking is available too but hard to find
- Comfort: 4/5 – Big soft plush cushions for bench seating, wooden chairs aren’t padded, mostly small tables and one big communal one
- Bathroom: 3/5 – one unisex restroom, reminds you of a home bathroom
- Art: 2/5 – local art looks amateurish
Tips: Coffee beans available for sale. There are plenty of bottled drinks available to grab and go. They have gluten free bagels. They participate in the Belly frequent buyer program. Beer and wine are available.
"Laptop Campers Unite!"
- Laptop Camper